Local issues are problems that are happening in your specific community but not in other communities or across all of Fandom. Local issues could include:
- Problems with other users, including admins
- Content you find incorrect or inappropriate
- Bugs due to CSS or JS changes by admins
- Bugs due to special settings on the wiki
What do I do?
If you run into an issue on Fandom, the best idea is to go through the following steps:
- Check if the issue is happening just in your community or in other wikis as well
- Check out the help pages and the staff blog for announcements on new features or current issues occurring sitewide
- Talk to other users directly. Talk pages, message walls, Discussions, forums, or blogs are great places to do this
- Speak with your local admins. They are the most informed of local issues
- If there is a Wiki Manager assigned to the wiki, feel free to ask them any questions. Their purpose is to be of assistance to the community
- Post to the Fandom community forum. This is where community members work together to answer questions and solve problems collectively
- Contact Fandom staff
Should I contact Fandom about this?
When it comes to local issues, staff involvement should only be as a last resort. Local administrators and community members are going to be the most knowledgeable about the culture and users of their wiki, as well as the specific issues there, so local communities are best equipped to resolve local disputes.
In the communities in which they are assigned, Wiki Managers are also able to help with local issues. In the event of a social dispute, a Wiki Manager can mediate to prevent conflict from escalating; if the issue is technical, Wiki Managers can either advise or contact full-time staff directly to find out more information.
If you do need to contact Fandom, please include as much information about the issue as possible. For example, if there is a problem with other users, please explain the dispute and what the local community and admins have already tried to do about it. Reports about inappropriate content must include the URL of the problem page.
In the case of reports about bugs on the wiki that are not the result of local changes, please send them to Special:Contact. Remember to include as much information as possible. Screenshots, links to example pages, and information about what browser and the version of the browser you are using are all incredibly helpful.
- Learn how to contact Fandom Community Support